I have five tips that I use to speed up my workflow when it comes to blogging and they work without fail:
- I work one to two week’s ahead. I just don’t have time in one day to do a whole month of editing and writing and shooting images. So what I do is plan out the next week’s topics first. I will pick three to five days and name them: Mondays Mentions, Tipsy Tuesdays, Workflow Wednesdays, Tried and True Thursdays, Favorite Five Fridays. You can name them whatever you want, but it gives you a great idea of what you can write about each day. It is easy to write about your five favorite things that week, right?
- I use the google doc app on my phone to word vomit onto on my drive home. I usually choose one of the topics each day and just talk to my phone about it. I use the voice-to-text button on the keyboard. This comes standard on the iphone, but I’m not sure where it is at on an android.
- The extra tip that I have is that I keep all of my blog posts on one google doc so that it is super easy to find. I just add another page for each new blog post. It keeps it together if I ever need to repurpose something I wrote for social media!
- When I sit down on Mondays, I take the word vomit for next week’s blogs and edit it on my computer to make sure there are no spelling errors and fix any mistakes. Inevitably there are mistakes because of the voice to text not hearing me correctly.
- On Thursdays I will take photos in my office for all of the blog posts for the next week. Of course I have to plan what I’m going to take photos of and put it all in one spot but that day gives me time to do all of that. I even purchased a seamless paper backdrop to photograph on. You don’t have to get that fancy. You can get a .99 sheet of poster paper at Target and put it on a table next to a window and shoot something there. That is how I shoot most of my product photos anyway!
These are the most used apps I use in google. I have them all as apps on my phone:
I hope this helps you have some idea of the process I use for planning out blog posts to deliver good value and content when I am struggling for ideas or struggling to find ways to deliver the ideas I already have.
Let me know what you do to plan your content! I would love to try it!