I personally love books and podcasts. I think it is like getting to mentor with someone who is an expert in the field. This is especially true for blogging, SEO and other areas that I am still trying to learn as much as I can.
I have a list that is constantly growing. If there are recommendations you have, send them my way! For now, enjoy the list below:
- The Artists Way by Julia Cameron – Workbook that helped me make huge leaps in my business. It is mainly used to break through creative blocks and transform your business or artform.
- The Daily Stoic Journal – This allows you to change your perspective on problems. I personally love it because it allows me to not stress about things that aren’t worth my time, and to look at a problem in my business with a different perspective.
- Little Black Book: A Toolkit For Working Women – Such a cute little book, but it is especially great for people who haven’t gone to business school and need a refresher on professionalism skills and how to navigate the professional world as a woman.
- Aesthetic Intelligence: How to Boost it and Use it in Business and Beyond by Pauline Brown – If you have ever wondered how to get your brand to say luxury, this book explains how to do it.
- Feck Perfunction: Dangerous Ideas on The Business of Life by James Victore – Literally mind-blowing and paradigm-shifting for re-framing your mind to be your authentic self.
- The Practice: Shipping Creative Work by Seth Godin
- Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too by Gary Vee.
- Influencer by Brittany Hennesey
- WorkParty by Jaclyn Johnson
- Ego Is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- Perennial Seller: The Art of Making and Marketing Work That Lasts by Ryan Holiday
- Mastery by Robert Greene
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- How to Stop Feeling Like Sh*t: 14 Habits That Are Holding You Back from Happiness by Andrea Owen
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
- The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups by Daniel Coyle
- Captivate by Vanessa Van Edwards
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph by Ryan Holiday
- Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone by Brene Brown
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way by Shauna Niequist
- Present over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living by Shauna Niequist
- Making Money Is Killing Your Business: How to Build a Business You’ll Love and Have a Life, Too – Second Edition
Podcasts are one of my favorite things because it’s like a mentorship that you get with the highest achieving people in their industries. There are a few that I love because they interview specialists that offer great insight on areas that I’m not strong in, including taxes ;).
Love this list!! Or rather lists! 😉 I am also a book and podcast lover and wanted to recommend a few podcasts if that is ok. 🙂 I have been falling in love with ‘Certified Madness’ hosted by four photographer boss babes and their honest talk is just so refreshing!! Another is ‘Online Marketing Made Easy by Amy Porterfield’ which has some awesome takeaways and actionable information for basically any business. 🙂 Cheers!
Haha! I absolutely love lists as well! Yes please! Oh gosh I will have to add that to my list of podcasts! I love real talk! Ahhh thank you so much for sharing!