I personally love books and podcasts. I think it is like getting to mentor with someone who is an expert in the field. This is especially true for blogging, SEO and other areas that I am still trying to learn as much as I can.
I have a list that is constantly growing. If there are recommendations you have, send them my way! For now, enjoy the list below:
- The Artists Way by Julia Cameron – Workbook that helped me make huge leaps in my business. It is mainly used to break through creative blocks and transform your business or artform.
- The Daily Stoic Journal – This allows you to change your perspective on problems. I personally love it because it allows me to not stress about things that aren’t worth my time, and to look at a problem in my business with a different perspective.
- Little Black Book: A Toolkit For Working Women – Such a cute little book, but it is especially great for people who haven’t gone to business school and need a refresher on professionalism skills and how to navigate the professional world as a woman.
- Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too by Gary Vee.
- Influencer by Brittany Hennesey
- WorkParty by Jaclyn Johnson
- Ego Is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- Perennial Seller: The Art of Making and Marketing Work That Lasts by Ryan Holiday
- Mastery by Robert Greene
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- How to Stop Feeling Like Sh*t: 14 Habits That Are Holding You Back from Happiness by Andrea Owen
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
- The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups by Daniel Coyle
- Captivate by Vanessa Van Edwards
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph by Ryan Holiday
- Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone by Brene Brown
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way by Shauna Niequist
- Present over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living by Shauna Niequist
- Making Money Is Killing Your Business: How to Build a Business You’ll Love and Have a Life, Too – Second Edition
Podcasts are one of my favorite things because it’s like a mentorship that you get with the highest achieving people in their industries. There are a few that I love because they interview specialists that offer great insight on areas that I’m not strong in, including taxes ;).