I adore working at the Bindery. Chelsey, the owner whose family owns the local newspaper, The NewsRegister which is so rad. There is such cool history there. Chelsey is a printmaker and also does some phenomenal work with her business Type A Press and makes screen printed shirts that she sells in the local McMinnville store La Bella Casa where you can pick up souvenirs and other memorable items.
The Bindery is actually where her family used to print for their newspaper. You can see the concrete floors and the character that it has. Such a unique space with barrel ceilings and tons of natural light. They added a lounge and prep kitchen as well for weddings. Literally one of the best I’ve seen. What is even better is that across the street is the Atticus Hotel where you can have your guests stay and eat at the Red Hills Kitchen with local ingredients.
To get the most out of coming to McMinnville and having your wedding or reception, here is some important information:
- The Bindery has limited parking, however, depending on where you stay, there is parking in the neighborhood nearby and here is the link to find parking within McMinnville: LINK
- McMinnville Downtown Association: In case you’re wanting to find winetasting and other things for your guests locally.
- Visit McMinnville: Showcases what you can do in terms of entertainment, food, lodging, tourism.
- Average Weather for McMinnville LINK. The best time of year to come to McMinnville is in the spring/summer/fall or May through October. We get a lot of rainfall, so you definitely should come prepared with layers.
- Portland International Airport is about an hour and a half north of McMinnville. You’ll definitely want to rent a car or take a shuttle for your guests.
Chic Spring Wedding at The Bindery in McMinnville Oregon
When Chelsey and I put our heads together, we wanted to make something that would be unique and show-stopping, but also highlight that you can have an amazing wedding with a limited guest count! If you want to see the package we put together for an awesome Micro Wedding at the Bindery, you can view that HERE. This styled shoot highlights two distinct features. The first is tailored for the young, offbeat trendy couple that likes to do things their own way. The second is it’s specifically designed to highlight how beautiful a COVID-compliant wedding can be!
This amazing styled shoot was featured over at Green Wedding Shoes!
photography: Casi Yost Photography // venue name: Bindery Events, McMinnville, Oregon, USA // florals: Noble Floral // wedding dress boutique: Charlottes Bridal // hair stylist: Brianna Griggs // makeup artist: Shantilly Artistry // paper goods: Letters and Dust // cake: Lux Sucre // tabletop rentals: Urban Creative PNW // furniture rentals: Urban Creative PNW // linen rentals: Urban Creative PNW // models: Annika Martinez // candles: KE Ambiance
Your Narrative blog will appear here, click preview to see it live.
For any issues click here